In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, the Post & Courier and the American College of The Building Arts proudly announces the inaugural Bridge Builder Contest. Here is the link for more details, rules, entry forms: http://www.postandcourier.com/bridgebuild
Two divisions of competition will be recognized:
1) Professional – any business with a current business license is eligible. Up to two businesses may partner on one entry.
2) General Public – includes non-professional individuals, families submitting as a team, or non-profit organizations.
Bridges in both divisions will be judged with oversight by The Citadel Civil and Environmental Engineering Department. Bridges will be judged for structural design based on the rules and efficiency rating provided.
First and Second place awards will be presented in both divisions for Best Structural Design and Most Aesthetic Design and overall appeal as regarded by the judges.
First place winners will receive:
1) A commemorative Arthur Ravenel Jr., LEGO set, and two invitations to the Ravenel Bridge 10th Anniversary VIP Launch Party, July 17, at the S.C. Aquarium
2) The honor of being the Lowcountry’s Best Bridge Builder in each respective division.
Second place winners will receive:
1) Recognition in The Post and Courier, trophies and two tickets to the VIP Launch Party, July 17, at the S.C. Aquarium.
All entries will receive a 10th Anniversary Ravenel Bridge Build Contest T-shirt.
Professional Division: $250.
General Public Division: $25.
July 6, 2015
Judging July 11, 2015:
Judging will take place at
James Simons Elementary School, 741 King St. (Map)
from 9:30 a.m. until all bridges are judged.