November 16th Meeting – Partnership with Society of Manufacturing Engineers
SCMEP is a private, non-profit group that serves as a proven resource to South Carolina businesses, providing them with a range of innovative strategies and solutions to strengthen leadership, develop competencies, drive growth, and eliminate waste.
Presented by: Brian Kuney – Regional Vice President South Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (SCMEP)
35 years of manufacturing experience in New Product Development, Product Launch, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Operations Management in multiple industries Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and PMP. Past Employers include Johnson Controls, Textron, Ingersoll Rand, Silgan Plastics, First Quality Tissue.
Topic: OSHA Compliance – Common Issues Seen in Manufacturers
• Top Ten Violations
• Cost Associated with Job Safety
• Job Hazard Analysis
Please arrive by 5:30pm to be assembled in time for the 6:00pm presentation, followed by a Q&A session at 7:00pm.
ASQ Charleston Holiday Dinner
Date: November 28, 2017
Location: Logan’s Steakhouse, 211 Azalea Square Blvd, Summerville, SC 29483
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
5:30pm – Arrive
6:00pm – Order Dinner, Short ASQ Section Update
7:30pm – End
Who: ASQ Member plus one guest
RSVP: Purchase tickets at Eventbrite for $10/person. Ticket price will be refunded upon dinner attendance (Paid tickets are just to secure an accurate headcount).
Join us on November 28th for our last meeting of 2017 at Logan’s Steakhouse in Summerville. We will briefly cover ASQ Charleston Section business, and then have dinner as we enjoy each other’s company. An overview of the past year for the Section will be given, plus the introduction of new officers for 2018. This will be our way to kick off the holiday season, and we will have doors prize up for grabs donated by Mountain Khakis! Members are encouraged to bring one guest each.
Please begin arriving at 5:30pm – dinner will be ordered starting at 6:00pm. You will have your choice of one of the following entrees which include a Roadhouse dinner salad, Logan’s famous homemade yeast rolls, and choice of brown sugar and cinnamon sweet potato, baked potato, fries, rice pilaf, onion petals or steamed vegetables.
- Grilled Chicken: 8 oz. fresh boneless chicken breast topped with Parmesan Peppercorn dressing and served over a bed of rice.
- Logan’s Baby Back Ribs: A half-rack of ribs, so tender they fall right off the bone.
- Southwest Chicken: 8 oz. fresh boneless chicken breast topped with BBQ sauce, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese smothered with sautéed onions, mushrooms, bacon bits and diced tomatoes, served over a bed of rice.
- Sirloin: 8 oz. hand-cut Choice steak, aged and seasoned with our special spices and grilled to perfection over an open mesquite flame.
- Teriyaki Grilled Chicken: 8 oz. fresh boneless chicken breast, marinated in a blend of pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, herbs and spices
RSVP by purchasing a ticket for $10 per person, which will be refunded to you upon attending the dinner. Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite, and we are approaching the RSVP process this way to help get an accurate headcount for the event. One adult beverage will also be covered by the Section.
Please purchase your tickets prior to November 28th so we can give an accurate headcount to Logan’s.
Email ASQCharleston1122@gmail.com if you have any questions.