|ASQ Charleston Section 1122
ASQ Charleston Student Scholarship Application
For Academic Year 2019-2020
1.General Scholarship Information:
One or more scholarship awards will be made for the upcoming academic year. All awards will be made without regard for gender, race, creed, color or religious belief.
The number of scholarships and the amount awarded will be determined on an annual basis by the Scholarship Committee based on the number of applicants and funds available. The applicant must be enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning and submit a completed application by 30 April. The scholarship recipients will be notified no later than 15 June by written confirmation. If no adequate applications are received, the Scholarship Committee may withhold all scholarship disbursements.
Scholarship award monies must be used toward tuition, books and associated fees at an accredited institution of higher learning. The award check will be made payable to the student, and the recipient is solely responsible for any tax liability incurred.
2. Scholarship Requirements
- Members of the Section Scholarship Committee are not eligible for sponsorship of this award.
- Applicants must be enrolled and in good standing at an accredited institution of higher learning. Applicants must be full-time students with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher. An official high school or current college transcript must be provided.
- A completed and signed application must be returned and post-marked no later than 30 April.
- A 3-5 page essay supporting one of the following:
- How Quality Could be Applied to Improve the Educational Process
- How the Seven Quality Tools could be applied in an academic setting
- How Quality will impact your [educational, professional] goals
3. Scoring Criteria
The scholarship award will be judged and selected upon the following criteria:
- Application – 10 points
- Academic Achievement – 25 points
- Community Services – 25 points
- Essay – 40 points
- Total – 100 points
*Complete all parts of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
|Last Name:||First Name:||Middle Initial:|
|Street Address:||Street Address 2nd Line/Apt. Number:|
|Daytime Phone Number:||Email Address:|
|High School Attended:||City/State:||Graduation Date:||GPA:|
|College/University Name:||City/State:||Expected Graduation Date:||Current GPA:|
|Major (Degree Being Sought):|
|Describe your work/school history & experience/accomplishments and how they have benefited you.|
|Describe what community services you have performed & how they have helped your personal growth.|
|What are your career objectives?|
|What other information not covered in the application, should we consider during the selection process?|
|Note – In completing the above entries, feel free to let this form expand beyond the current page.|
I agree that the information provided is accurate.
Signature of Applicant
Completed application and additional documents must be postmarked by 30 April and sent to:
ASQ Charleston – Section 1122 Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 60644 North Charleston, SC 29419
For questions regarding this scholarship process, please contact:
Paula Anderson, Chair
- Completed and signed application
- High School or College Certified Transcripts from Previous Year
- 3-5 pages in length (plus references)
- Double spaced
- One-inch margins
- No larger than 12 point font
(Note: This essay is scored like an academic paper and should cite all sources.)
NOTE: Political essays will not be accepted